Under the leadership of Mohammad R. Torabi, Dean, the Alliance is charged with providing assistance to enhance the quality, reputation, and financial strength of the School of Public Health-Bloomington, as well as providing support to students, faculty, and programs. Alliance members come from across the state (and beyond) and have a wide-range of occupations and professional/personal backgrounds. The diverse expertise and capabilities of our Alliance members ensure that many perspectives are represented as we address the challenges and opportunities for the School of Public Health-Bloomington.
Specifically, the Dean’s Alliance:
- Aids the Dean in defining and realizing the institutional goals of the school.
- Serves as ongoing consultants to the school as strategies are revised and created.
- Undertakes committee assignments where members’ individual expertise or influence can be beneficial to the school.
- Utilizes members’ experiences and insight to develop and support ways and means of advancing the presence of the school in the State of Indiana, the region, the nation, and around the world.
- Serves a vital role in development and fundraising efforts.
2017 Dean's Alliance Members:
- Scott Chakan, BS IU School of Public Health
President, RMC-Reliable Mealcraft Corp.
- Amy Chappell, MD IU School of Medicine
Independent Consultant in Neuroscience Drug Development, Neurology & Lifestyle Medicine
- Charles Dietzen, MD IU School of Medicine Medical
Director, Pediatric Rehabilitation, Riley Hospital for Children
- Annahita Ghassemi, PhD University of Connecticut
Senior Research Manager, Church & Dwight, Inc.
- Shawna Girgis, BS, MS IU School of Social Work
Mayor, City of Bedford
- James Laughlin, MD IU School of Medicine
Pediatrician, IU Health
- Ellen Lucey, BS IU School of Public Health
Director, Sports and Consumer Marketing, Bauerfeind USA
- Stephen Moore, MD IU School of Medicine, MPH Johns Hopkins
President & CEO, CarDon & Associates, Inc.
- Tony Pantaleoni, MPH, PhD, IU School of Public Health
Vice President, Environment, Health & Safety, Crane Company
- Mick Renneisen, MS IU School of Public Health
Deputy Mayor, City of Bloomington
- John Seffrin, PhD Purdue University
CEO, American Cancer Society (Retired)
- Curt Simic, BS Indiana University
IU Foundation President (Retired)
- Julie Warren (Ex-Officio), BS IU School of Public Health
Director of Tourism, Visit Bloomington
- Buffy Filipell (Honorary Advisor), BS IU School of Public Health
President, Teamwork Online