Student success is the mutual goal of both the Office of Career Services and School of Public Health-Bloomington faculty. Faculty have a powerful impact on the career paths, plans, and goals of their students. We recognize and appreciate the unique relationship faculty have developed with their students and welcome the opportunity to work collaboratively with faculty members to help students achieve their career goals. Our services are designed to assist undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni in the following areas:
- Career Exploration and Self-Assessment
- Internship and Job Search Strategies
- Identifying Graduate/Professional Schools and Navigating the Admissions Process
- Developing and Critiquing Resumes, Curricula Vitae, and Cover Letters
- Developing and Critiquing Personal Statements and Statements of Purpose
- Interview Preparation
- Job Offer Evaluation and Negotiation
- Networking and Professionalism
The classroom is where students are building the marketable skills employers and graduate schools seek. Career Services can be the added resource that helps students learn how to package what they’ve learned to successfully attain future opportunities. Please direct your students to Career Link to access our online resources, learn about events, and to schedule one-on-one career advising appointments.
Career Link for Faculty
As a faculty member within the School of Public Health, you are eligible to register for a Faculty Career Link account which will allow you to review current job and internship postings that may be of interest to your students, promote opportunities to your students through the system, and to learn about upcoming career events taking place on campus.