Are you an IU student returning from an exciting global experience?! Do you find yourself unable to stop talking about?! The Office of Global and Community Health Partnerships has a great opportunity for you. The Global Health Ambassador Program is a volunteer opportunity to engage SPH students
Who is a Global Health Ambassador?
Global Health Ambassadors are study abroad returnees who are passionate about education abroad and are willing to share their experience and expertise and represent the school of public health on campus and in the community.
What does a Global Health Ambassador do?
Global Health Ambassadors will participate in a mandatory orientation held in the Fall and will use this information and their personal experiences overseas to conduct global health engagement presentations to prospective study abroad participants. Global Health Ambassadors should be prepared to participate in other events such as orientations hosted by the Office of Overseas study, fairs, and one-on-one conversations with public health students.
Global Ambassadors will gain:
- Leadership and Public-Speaking Skills
- Cross-Cultural Knowledge
- Networking skills through participation in campus events
- Other surprises along the way
Ambassadors must be full-time juniors or seniors, graduate or Ph.D. students who have been admitted to the School of Public Health and have participated in either a faculty-led study tour, student exchange, or study abroad experience. Each applicant must complete an application and submit a resume and cover letter explaining why he or she is the ideal candidate to represent the School of Public Health.
- Act as a resource to public health students considering a study abroad experience and for those transitioning back to IU.
- Help promote study abroad experience through participation in campus events and delivering presentations.
- Participate in pre-departure orientation and reentry events.
- Ambassadors are required to attend a training session at the beginning of each semester and commit to working at least three to five events each semester, depending on staffing needs.
- To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Nicole Anderson, Director of Student Immersion & Global Health Experiences at email@example.com.