Your academic career matters!
Academic advisors provide academic guidance, information, and general assistance. Because the advisor-student relationship is so beneficial to the student's academic progress and career planning, each student in the school is required to meet with his or her assigned School of Public Health-Bloomington academic advisor before registering for classes each term.
During this meeting a registration approval form must be completed and signed by the academic advisor. Permission to register is granted when the signed registration approval form is submitted in room 115. Students are responsible for tracking their own academic progress by visiting IU's OneStart Web portal.
Reasons to see an advisor:
- If you have questions about scheduling courses
- If you have questions about your academic progress
- If you are experiencing academic difficulty
- If you need someone to talk to
- If you wish to plan your academic experience