Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Centers & Institutes
Biostatistics Consulting Center
Our mission is to provide study design and data analysis for health-related research.
Professional biostatisticians are available for collaborating on research projects through grant-funded research or hourly billing.
We are currently accepting applications for a professional Biostatistician in our group.
See more info and apply here : https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/7567
Our services include:
- Study design and protocol development
- Grant development
- Sample size calculation and power analysis
- Statistical modeling and analysis
- Interpretation of analysis results
- Professional and scientific manuscript preparation
- Review and replication of previous analysis
Consultants work primarily with SAS, R, Stata, and SPSS, but we can work with clients using any software that is most convenient for them.
Meet Our Team
Our team consists of PhD faculty and Masters level consultants with expertise in a wide range of statistical/epidemiological methods, statistical programming, and data management. These areas include study design, sample size and power calculation, linear regression modeling, categorical data analysis, logistic regression modeling, survival data analysis, longitudinal data analysis, mixed effects modeling, non-parametric statistical methods, survey sampling, genetic data analysis, and statistical programming.
Our core team includes:
- Stephanie Dickinson, Manager & Senior Biostatistician
- Lilian Golzarri Arroyo, Biostatistician
- Xiwei Chen, Biostatistician
Biostatistics Associates (Spring 2019) are:
- Beate Henschel, PhD student in Epidemiology
- Chen Lyu, PhD student in Epidemiology
- Alex YueYao Li, PhD student in Epidemiology
- Yijia Zhang, PhD student in Epidemiology
- Xiao Xu, MPH student in Biostatistics
- Joel Greenshields, PhD student in Kinesiology
Our faculty Director is Zhongxue Chen.
All faculty in the Epi-Bio department are also members of the center. Please browse the research areas in their faculty profiles to see how they can collaborate on your next project.
Most of our work (from both PhD faculty collaborators and M.S. level biostatisticians) is through collaborations on research projects where biostatics support is included in the grant (%FTE).
For grant proposals:
Faculty can be listed as Co-Investigators (Co-I) on grants for a small %FTE (3-10%) along with a Master's level staff (or PhD student) as biostatistician or data analyst with more time (10-50%). Budget will be discussed as project needs vary.
Services can also be obtained hourly with internal billing to a research account, or invoiced for external projects. The fee schedule, for Master's level professional support, is as follows:
Rates are based on actual cost to the Department and School. The fee schedule includes all expenses related to personnel and enables them to perform their duties related to the research project and carry out the mission of the center. These include use of the department's computing facilities, systems support, software, administrative support, professional travel, supplies, and telephone.
Rates for research projects outside of Indiana University contain an additional component to help support the education, research, and service missions of the department.
Limited FREE consulting:
- Free consulting is available to SPH faculty and graduate students Tuesday/Thursday 10-12 (Appointment preferred).
- We are also always happy to help with grant applications (study design, protocol, sample-size/power, analysis plan) when Biostatistics faculty/staff are included in the grant budget.
Let us know how we can help with your project!
Support for research methods at IUB are also available from:
- Meeting space and research resources are available at the Social Science Research Commons (SSRC) in Woodburn 200
- Statistical software and technology support is provided by UITS Research Analytics
- Survey design, sampling and data collection are services at the Center for Survey Reseach (CSR)
- Internal funding opportunities are listed at OVPR and CTSI
- Free student consulting is offered from .Indiana Statistical Consulting Center (ISCC) in the College of Arts & Sciences.
To request services and schedule an appointment please fill out our .web contact form.
For general questions or to send files, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know how we can help with your project!Biostatistics Consulting Center
Department of Epidemiology and BiostatisticsSchool of Public Health-BloomingtonPH C101, 1025 E. 7th StreetBloomington, IN 47405812-855-7580