Physical Education Teacher Education
PETE Personal Essay"WHY I WANT TO TEACH"
Prepare a carefully typed written essay (2.5 to 3 pages in length) answering these three areas of interest:
- What type of work experiences, leadership activities and volunteer responsibilities have you undertaken that would give your future employer (principal or school board) additional insight into your potential as a physical education teacher?
- What are you career goals, both short and long term, in the area of Physical Education?
- What are your reasons for selecting teaching as your profession?
Here are other areas strongly recommended to address in your essay:
- What are your reasons for preferring elementary, middle or secondary levels of education?
- What positive personal traits and characteristics do you possess that will make you a great teacher?
- What can you offer to your future students, school?What are your weak traits? What will you do to overcome them so as to become a better teacher?
- What led you to this area of study?
- Who influenced you and did you have a mentor, hero, or a role model?
- Why become a Physical Education teacher and not a math, English, geography, or history teacher?
- What sets Physical Education apart from the other disciplines?
- Why use your teaching skills in a school setting rather than in a corporate or community recreational center?