Apply online for graduate admission through the Indiana University Office of Admissions.
How to Apply
Application procedures differ for those who are not citizens of the United States and/or those who have had their previous schooling outside of the United States. International applicants should visit the International Students page for information about requirements and procedures.
- Apply online. The online application requires completion of an "educational objectives" section: ◦Select "Public Health-Bloomington MS" or "Public Health-Bloomington MPH" for master's degree program admission. Select "Public Health-Bloomington PhD" for doctoral program admission.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work taken at institutions other than Indiana University.
- Submit application recommendation forms or letters from three references with sufficient knowledge of the applicant's abilities to make informed judgments about the applicant's ability to succeed in a graduate degree program.
- Graduate Record Examination scores (aptitude portion only) must be submitted by all applicants to School of Public Health-Bloomington graduate programs with one exception. United States citizens with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale are not required to submit GRE scores when applying for the following master's degree emphases:
- behavioral, social, and community health
- environmental health
- health promotion
- human development and family studies
- public health administration
- safety management
- school and college health education
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit TOEFL scores. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the paper-based test, or 213 on the computer-based test, or 80 on the Internet-based test is required for admission to all graduate degree programs
School of Public Health-Bloomington
1025 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
For additional information about graduate programs in a specific department, see:
Affirmative Action and Disability Services
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution. Students who may need disability support services should visit the Office of Disability Services for Students Web site or phone (812) 855-7578 or TTY: (812) 856-2264.